I suggest you ...

Ad support for clearing all tracking and events

Need option to easily clear all data from a specific app ID. Useful during testing when you want to verify certain events are incrementing. Also useful to avoid needing multiple app IDs (one for dev and one for production)

32 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TMC shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Thank you for the instant reply and for the workaround idea ;)

• AdminSupport (MarkedUp Dev Team, MarkedUp) commented  · 

We'll add an official comment :)

There is a work-around for this currently (create a new project) but we realize that MarkedUp users would like to be able to wipe out their data without having to get a new API key.

We have some other big projects in our pipeline at the moment and we'll try to add support for this issue in the near future.

• Anonymous commented  · 

So many votes for such an important feature and no official statement? :(
        Clearing (maybe selectively, using the applied filter) the log helps us A LOT. For example, we fix an exception and would like to have it 'gone' from the log... No idea how this feature would impact former data for graphs (maybe the metrics can stay)

• Bill commented  · 

In some cases where I'm playing out with how I want to name custom events, I end up wanting to clear specific statistics (names I don't like) but leave the rest.

I also agree that it would be handy if in the Initialize call we could indicate that we're in debug vs. live mode. Then perhaps have two views on the site so that my development runs don't affect the live tracking data.

Feedback and Knowledge Base